Designing Effective Web Sites to improve search rankings using SEO programming is essential as we will give you more SEO programming tips in the coming posts. You should also design web sites to clearly communicate to the audience you want to address. Here are 5 tips for designing an effective web site:
1. Use a compelling title or headline on your home page that identifies your target customer and what you can do for that company. Identify your primary service and put it in your headline. Use your keywords in the title. This will help your search engine rankings.
2. Keep your site fresh and current. Google rewards sites are have fresh content. Build your site so it is easy to read and it has a theme that flows. Also it is very important that your text is large enough and easy to read. If you want to keep your visitors interested that last thing you want to do is have your text to light or too small.
3. Use client testimonials and success stories. Visitors will read success stories sometimes before they read what you are offering. Have them add a link on their web site to your web site.
4. Put promotions or Free offers on your Web site. Not all visitors will be ready to buy, but when they see promotions or Free offers they may make the purchase or refer someone to your site. Here are 2 excellent web advertising programs to tell the world about your promotions or service specials: 1) Click on this Full Page Ad link to get your web site, business name and web full page ad on 20+ business directories and 2) Click on this Free White Page Listing link to list your web site for free on 20+ business directories and multiple blog sites.
5. Make it easy for your clients to contact you. You should have your company phone number or direct email contact on the front page. Remember the number one reason why IT companies are fired is because of lack of responsiveness. Be available to your clients and ready to provide support when needed. Submit your site to Google Maps if you have a store front location.